Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Not Enough Time in a Day? - Accountability.

Ever feel like there isn't enough time in a day?  

{google images}

I certainly do!  Here (was) my solution:  WAKE UP EARLIER.... great idea in theory, but when it came down to it, I found that it was just too easy to jump out of bed, turn off my alarm, hop back in bed, and go right back to sleep.  
Ever do that?
Some people seem to find it easier to wake up and get going than others, and I used to be one of them!  I'd wake up at 5:30 every morning with no problem, but as I got older, bed just kept getting sweeter :)  
After many days of late starts and super late finishes, I found my solution!   Ready?

It's called:  Accountability

I now have Caelen come and jump on me when I refuse to wake up at a certain time, and it (usually) works. There is something about getting an early start to the day that makes me feel so much more refreshed and ready to go.  
But I've also found that accountability is soo helpful with almost anything that I am having a hard time getting motivated to do by myself.  Caelen keeps me accountable for being consistent in exercising regularly, and I've gotten my cousin to email me weekly to remind me to blog every Tuesday.  -(that's a new thing guys, so stay tuned for a new blog post every Tuesday!)  (Lord willing)  :D  

Now, you may be one of those people who is very self-motivated, and can just plug through and get things done - That's fantastic!  But for those like me, who want to get that one thing done so badly, but are just too busy with everything else to even get around to it - I would strongly suggest that you:

a) Make a schedule with a check list  - (checklists are my best friends!)

{This planner is AWESOME  for that!}
                   

b) Find an accountability partner (or two).....(or three)  :)  Siblings, cousins, friends, parents...

It draws those people closer to you, and helps you to actually get around to ALL the numerous important things on your (mile long) to-do list.  

So, instead of getting to the end of my day and thinking, "where in the world did all of my day go - the only thing I got done was school!" (which used to be the story of my life until more recently)
I've got people from all over, keeping me "in line", and encouraging me to get things done.  
I like that.  

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.  For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!  ... And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think!