Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My hectic day!

Christmas is just around the corner!  Only 10 days, 5 hours, and 27 minutes!!!  

It was quite a busy day for me, that's for sure! 
This morning, I woke up to Caelen trying to make Tyner (our dog) jump onto my bed to lick my face . . . not the most welcoming feeling to start the day on, but she made up for it by hopping into bed with me and giggling until 8:00.  Then we both had our devotions together and tramped upstairs for some cereal and family devotions with mom.  After that, us girls were sent off on errands to Tractor Supply, 'Do it Best' hardware store, and then to the Chiropractor for an adjustment (I'm sooo glad I wasn't the one on the table this time :) 
At Tractor Supply, Caelen got Dad his favorite candy, caramel creams, to put in his stocking . . . It took some major self control not to break into those things!!!
Downtown Marion is absolutely beautiful at Christmas time, so we drove on through and looked at all of the decorations that are probably ages old by now . . . but still in great shape!
When we got home, Mom was going into her "office" to teach her Apologia classes, so we had to be super quiet for a couple of hours (fine for us older kids, but for Ben . . . that's a different story)  
For lunch, I made a pot of plain pasta for everybody and then sneaked off to put milk, the last of the cheese and some butter in mine.  As soon as Caelen saw my mac 'n' cheese, she asked for a bite, then another one, and then Nate asked for two bites too!  Oh well, I guess it's what I get for taking the last bit of shredded cheese.  
When Mom got out of class, she (somehow) got us all into the car and flew to our grandparent's house 5 minutes away to help Grammy clean up her back room.  
While Caelen, Nate, and me were going through the toys in one of the closets, we found a big, black Frisbee!!!   We have been looking everywhere for one of those, but even our new Walmart doesn't have them anywhere!  Finally, we had the Frisbee of our dreams right in our grasps!  It flew perfectly until . . . I threw it too hard and it landed high up on the roof . . . ya, no fun!

Now we are back home and I am writing this post while Mom makes Chicken and Dumplings!  Yum!!!  I hope everybody else enjoys their supper as much as I am going to enjoy mine :)
Love,
Hannah.

Oh ya, I told Caelen that the next favorite Christmas movie I would post would be 'Its a Wonderful Life'.
{Picture from google}

Favorite Quote: "Ha, ha, ha, ha! My mouth's bleeding, Bert! My mouth's bleeding!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think!