Sunday, December 11, 2011

13 Days!!!

Yeah!  We started to sing Christmas songs in church today!!!  They had a great combination of 'Joy to the World' and 'Rise' -Big Daddy Weave, that was really good, but I must say that 'In Christ Alone' almost made me cry.  Already knowing the words to the song made it so much easier to look away from the lyrics screen and be able to think about who and what I am singing about.  I know that I can kind of get all caught up in the music and never even think about the meaningful lyrics to the song that I am singing . . . it is just too easy to do, but I think that going into worship with a foreknowledge of all the words just helps me to listen to what I am saying to my heavenly father.  To say the least, I had a very sweet time in worship this morning.
~
Yet another Christmas recipe that always appears during the month of December is Lady Finger Cookies.  Dad's Mom always makes them when we go over to her house for Christmas and they are usually gone within the first hour of our arrival . . . ok, that's questionable . . . but you get the point.  They are super good!!!  Here is the recipe for goodness!  Happy baking!
Nutty Fingers
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 5 Tablespoons of  powdered sugar
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans
Mix all the ingredients together.  Shape into small balls or fingers.  Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.  Roll in powdered sugar.  After cooled roll in sugar again.
I can tell you these are not going to last very long on the cooling rack.  
blog 266
{Picture from google}
When the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia) came out in December, Mom and Dad took Caelen and I to see it on Christmas Eve.  From then on, it became one of our family Christmas movies.  NOT the BBC version you understand!  (though we do like watching that one just to make fun of it :)
VS
Hahaha :)
You've got to love it!!!
Favorite Quote: (*from the new one*) "It is finished." ~ and ~  "I'm cranky now!"
Favorite Quote: (*from the old BBC one*) Mrs. Beaver {who sits in her huge fluffy trash bag of a costume} : "I don't suppose the sewing machine is too heavy to take?"
*************
Only 13 days, 9 hours, and 15 minutes until Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think!