Mine VS. Reese's
~Homemade Reese's Cups without the "cup"~
*1 ½ cups chocolate chips (dark chocolate tastes really good)
*2 tablespoons shortening (Butter works as well)
*½ (1 stick) cup butter
*½ cup peanut butter
*1 cup confectioner’s sugar
*2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (I completely ground them into powderJ)
*Sheets of wax paper
*A plastic bag
How to make them:
1) In a saucepan, combine chocolate chips and shortening (or butter)
2) Cook over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth (about 2-3 minutes)
3) Set aside until you are ready to use it
4) In a medium sized sauce pan, combine butter and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring until melted. (about 2 minutes)
5) Stir in confectioner’s sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
6) Let it cool for about 2-4 minutes, then spoon out a teaspoon’s worth (or however much peanut butter filling you want) onto the wax paper in little balls until the whole “concoction” is in little balls on to the wax paper.
7) Put the chocolate that you melted, into a plastic bag. Set the bag into a small straight sided bowl or large glass and roll the sides of the bag over the sides of the container to make filling easier. The container will support the bag while spooning the chocolate into it. Only fill the bag about 1/3 to 1/2 ways full and then use a twist tie to seal the bag closed tightly.
Use clean scissors to cut a small corner (about 1/8 inch) off the lower corner of the bag. Make a small cut first and try it out. It is always possible make the cut slightly larger if needed but it is very easy to make the hole too large. Just squeeze the bag to get the chocolate to flow out.
8) Squeeze the chocolate onto the peanut butter balls. I made swirls and different designs on mine ;-)
9) Put the finished balls into the freezer for about an hour, and then…..Voil`a! You have Reece’s cups like candies….with a homemade twist!
(pictures from google)