It's one of those rainy, wet days when your dog is looking pitifully at you, on the other side of the door,
when you feel like curling up with a book in a cozy little nook somewhere,
and waking your little bro up to go pick blackberries in the pouring rain way out in the pasture . . .
one of those kind of days, you know???
~ ~ ~
With all of these soggy blackberries that Ben and I collected, I have decided to make my favorite muffin recipe this morning. It is from a Kid's Recipe Book that Caelen got when she turned 10, but I guess that's why I like this recipe so much . . . because it is simple and tastes SO GOOD!!! =D
Recipe for blueberry/blackberry muffins:
1/2 stick (1 stick) butter
2 cups all-purpose flour (I use 1 cup white, and 1 cup wholewheat just to make it more healthy)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries (of course, I used blackberries, and the muffins were great!)
1. Put butter in the microwave until completely melted. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F and put paper liners into 12 muffin cups (or you can spray down the muffin pan with non-stick spray)
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, and vanilla. Using the same fork, beat until well blended.
5. Add the milk mixture, melted butter, and blueberries (or blackberries) into the flour mixture. Using a spatula, stir gently until the ingredients are just blended.
6. Spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups.
7. Bake the muffins until they are golden and have risen nicely, 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and place it on the cooling rack.
Makes 12 muffins.