Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flower Pressing

I might have waited too long to do this, but I pressed my flowers that I got from the Father Daughter Retreat. . . . Finally!!! After a while, they started to die and smell bad, so I decided it was definitely time. At first, I thought about pressing my roses whole because they were just too perfect to tear the petals off, but after experimenting with preserving a whole rose (and failing miserably) I made up my mind to do just the pedals. So here is how I did it:

1st: I picked up my flowers and posed them for their last picture together (a VERY vital part ;)

2nd: I posed my perfect rose for it's very last picture before de-clothing it. OH SO SAD!!! :(

3rd: Then I gently plucked the petals off of my rose (heartbreaking I assure you!!)


4th: I put the rose petals in a sheet of wax paper so the colors would not fade when I went to press them

5th: I pressed the rest of the flowers. Sad, but not as sad as my perfect rose, because these little guys had already started to rot :(


Lastly: I scavenged out the biggest books in my house, and put the sheets of flower filled wax paper in them, where I am storing them for about a week.

I will try to post a picture of the finished results soon!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! <3 love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flower pressing. You have made me want to do it again. it has been a while since I did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think!